We are looking for a Copywriter who is passionate about travelling and wants to join our global marketing team at our headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden. After 60 years in the travel industry, we are undergoing changes and we need someone that can help us redefine our tone of voice as we inspire a new generation to become world citizens.
We want to communicate with our customers and win their hearts. When they go on a trip with us, it is usually a life defining experience and we need a strong copywriter to help us convey this experience in text. You will work with both printed and web content and you need to be able to balance between factual texts and inspiring story telling. We are looking for someone who can educate, inform, entertain and motivate in product descriptions, tweets, blogs, interviews and one-liners. You can work long hours editing texts one day and come up with creative ideas and inspiring campaigns the other.
Our dream would be if you spoke and wrote in all the 15 languages of the countries that we operate in, but we know that that will probably not happen, so the most important thing is that you are a fluent, close to native, English speaker with strong written proficiency and at least one additional European language. If you are interested, we would also ask you to be in charge of managing translations and ensuring that your tone of voice translates out to the languages that you do not speak or write. Sometimes this is done simply by working closely with our local offices and at other times you will work with external translators.
As a fundamental part of our global headquarter marketing team, you are a coworker always willing to share your knowledge and help others improve. STS is a global company within cultural exchange and it is paramount for us that you see yourself as a citizen of the world that embraces cultural differences.
- Copywriting, from slogans to features, from social media communication to editorial publishing
- Prioritize writing assignments and markets in alignment with business goals
- Own relationships with external and internal translators and ensure quality of delivery
- Producing content for campaigns on web and other formats
- Creation of blog articles and newsletters
- Making continual improvements on all areas of website content
- Enforcing and Maintaining STS tone throughout all written material
- Ensure the right message to the right person – we communicate both with youths and their parents and you truly understand the difference
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Self-leadership mentality, always looking to support and share your knowledge with others
- Well documented experience as an english copywriter/editor/journalist, preferably in the travel space or in another experience-based industry
- Proven creative capacity in all aspects of copywriting
- Strong social skills, natural curiosity and a willingness to find new stories, unexpected angles and interesting facts.
- Self-going with strong information-seeking skills and a drive to make things happen.
- An instinctive feel for the tones and the nuances that separate credible communication from polished media noise
- Strong understanding of SEO and writing for findability
- Native/Excellent writing skills in English and at least one other European language
- Additional European languages and Experience in youth communication is a very big plus
MORE ABOUT STS
STS is a global company within travel and education that makes it possible for 11-19-year olds to go out and do cool stuff on their own; learn languages, experience different cultures and grow and develop to become citizens of the world. We were the first company in the world to offer these opportunities and it is our strong belief that our products will never become irrelevant. Most companies sell products or services – we offer our clients life-changing growth and development, and as STS employees we are able to accompany them when they experience the world on their own. This is a responsibility that we have the outmost respect for, as we know that the exchange experience that you have as a teenager is something that you will carry with you forever.
APPLICATION AND CONTACT
We cooperate with KIMM for this recruitment who are recruiting specialists in communication, information, marketing and media. If you have further questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact recruitment consultant Linda Holmberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) at KIMM.
We operate tests as a complement to qualify the competences for this position. We review you resumé as a first step of a work sample and will ask for more samples if you are proceeded in this process. We review applications continuously so please submit your application in English as soon as possible, but no later than 2018-04-10. Please note that we do not accept email applications.
We are excited to read your application. Hope to hear from you soon!
KIMM make recruiting’s on behalf of Sweden’s strongest brands with employers who care about their employees’ job satisfaction. Today they have offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö and is a business unit within Wise Professionals – a recruitment agency that provides recruitment solutions for employers and candidates with high demands.